Chrissy Teigen and husband musician, John Legend, had their first baby earlier this year. The model and cookbook author has seemingly bounced back quickly and stunned this past Sunday in London, where she was in the audience watching her husband’s set on The X-Factor’s live show. Chrissy Teigen’s baby is six months old now, so the parents clearly felt it was okay to leave little Luna for a night out. The model stunned in a wine-colored silk shirt dress that showed off her long, lean legs. She posted a pic of the evening to her Instagram account.
Teigen knows that after having a baby, the daily routine of life gets mixed around and that the body takes time (and needs time) to bounce back into shape. She wasn’t in a rush to start working on getting her body back, and didn’t have the time with breastfeeding and caring for her newborn. Letting her body heal was far more important for the model than jumping back into a fitness routine too soon. Doctors recommend waiting about six weeks on average before getting back to workouts.
After giving birth to baby Luna, Teigen says that her diet was a bit of an afterthought and she didn’t think about food as much. Sometimes she wouldn’t eat for seven hours straight in a day because her thoughts were so preoccupied with the baby. This is odd and unusual for the new mom because she is a self-proclaimed foodie and has even released her own cookbook at the beginning of the year.
Healthy Foods Chrissy Likes to Have in Her Diet
Chrissy Teigen knows how to cook and knows what foods to eat to ensure that she and her family follow a healthy, but tasty diet. She dislikes the word “diet” and admits to saying she likes the words “eating clean” or “clean diet” but really has no reason for why she makes a distinction. Some of the foods she herself likes to eat are:
- Eggs for breakfast, and it doesn’t matter how they’re cooked: over easy, hard-boiled, or an omelet are all good options for her.
- Avocados: Packed with healthy fats, avocados can be eaten every day alone or as part of a meal. At breakfast, it can be added on top of toast. Teigen likes to eat them with a pepper and salt, that’s it.
- Tuna salad: Teigen likes to add a bit of mayonnaise (you can choose low fat if you like) and lots of Dijon mustard.
- Seaweed snacks: This is the new mom’s go-to snack when she craves salty chips. They are just as crunchy and have far fewer calories. On top of that, they also contain trace minerals that are so important to the body. Her favorite flavor is wasabi.
- Green juices: Green juices are all the fad but with good reason. They are packed with vegetables that many people don’t typically get in their diets, and are an easy way to ensure those greens get consumed. Teigen loves the ones that contain less apple because she opts to stay away from anything with too much sugar.
- Cashews and almonds: This mom absolutely loves raw, unsalted, unroasted almonds and roasted cashews with salt.
Wagoner, M. “Is Clean Eating a Myth? Chrissy Teigen Sparks a Twitter Health Debate,” Vogue web site, July 25, 2016; http://www.vogue.com/13461080/chrissy-teigen-diet-clean-eating-controversy-twitter-debate/, last accessed October 26, 2016.
Ryan, K. “Chrissy Teigen Opens Up About Her Life And Diet Changes Since Having Baby Luna,” Elite Daily web site, May 17, 2016; http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/chrissy-teigen-diet-life-baby-luna/1496336/, last accessed October 26, 2016.
Aldridge, K., “What Chrissy Teigen Eats (Almost) Every Day,” Shape web site; http://www.shape.com/celebrities/interviews/what-chrissy-teigen-eats-almost-every-day\ , last accessed October 26, 2016.