A Crock-Pot and slow cooker aren’t the same, although they are somewhat similar. A Crock-Pot is actually a type of slow cooker, but not all the slow cookers are Crock-Pots. A Crock-Pot has a stoneware pot surrounded by a heating element, whereas a slow cooker is a metal pot that rests on a heating surface. The metal pot can be removed and the heating surface can be used to fry foods.
Crock-Pot vs Slow Cooker
Crock-Pots have only a high or low setting, and a keep-warm setting. The Crock-Pot is encapsulated in a heating element with a glass lid covering on top. Food is cooked at low temperature in Crock-Pots and so it’s just perfect.
The Slow cooker consists of a glass lid, a heating element at the bottom, and a pot. Slow cookers cook food more slowly than a Crock-Pot, and foods such as meat must be cut into smaller pieces to ensure even cooking. The slow cooker doesn’t heat continuously like a Crock-Pot, but it runs in cycles switching on and off. The heating element can also be used as a griddle.
You can find these trending kitchen appliances on Amazon at huge discounts. Before buying a slow cooker or a Crock-Pot on Amazon, refer to the vast customer reviews on their web site.
1. Chefman RJ15-5-N Natural Slow Cooker – All Natural Chemical-Free Stovetop, Oven, and Dishwasher Safe Naturally Nonstick 5-Quart Slow Cooker
Actual Price: $99.99
Sale Price: $44.92
You Save: $55.07 (55% off)
Slow cooker features:
- 100% natural stoneware insert is naturally nonstick, PTOA, PTFE, and coating-free for a naturally healthy meal
- No more chemicals which is perfect for health-conscious or value-conscious consumers
- Stoneware crock can be used over open flame to sauté or in an oven to roast (cleans easily in the dishwasher)
- Includes access to Club Chefman for recipes, videos, help from a Chef, cookbooks, and more
- One year warranty
2. BELLA 6.5 Quart Programmable Searing Slow Cooker with Locking Lid, Chrome Color
Actual Price: $79.99
Sale Price: $74.38
You Save: $5.61 (7% off)
Slow cooker features:
- 2-in-1 slow cooker helps cook meals with deeper flavors and textures
- Ceramic-coated aluminum pot helps sear meats on stove top, then cooking in slow cooker keeps foods juicy
- Ceramic coating makes cleaning easy
- Programmable settings with 8 pre-set cooking times and temperatures to cook beef, chicken, pork, and stew
- 30 minutes to 20 hours digital countdown timer
- 6.5-quart capacity caters to up to seven or more people, making it perfect for parties and large families
- Dishwasher-safe cooking pot with a tempered glass locking lid
3. Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel
- 6-quart oval stoneware is perfect for seven or more people or a six-pound roast
- High, low, and warm settings are perfect for making stews, sauces, and more
- Secure fit lid keeps the unit sealed so your meal stays warm when you go out
- Lid-mounted locking system is easy to use for portability
- Measures approximately 15 X 10 X 15 inches
4. Crock-Pot 6.5-Quart, Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker, Silver, SCVT650-PS
Actual Price: $119.99
Sale Price: $71.09
You Save: $48.90 (41% off)
- Oval-shaped slow cooker with 6.5-quart removable stoneware crock
- Touchscreen control panel without the static clings
- Programmable cooking time with auto keep-warm feature
- Dishwasher-safe crock and glass lid for easy cleanup
- Bonus cookbook included
- Polished stainless steel exterior and metal side handles with silicone stay-cool wraps
- Measures approximately 16 ½ X 8 ²⁄3 X 12 ¹⁄5 inches
- One year limited warranty
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Foods4BetterHealth may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
“What’s The Difference Between a Crock Pot and a Slow Cooker?,” Mommy of a Monster web site, January 27, 2014; http://mommyofamonster.com/difference-between-a-crock-pot-and-a-slow-cooker/.