For gorgeous skin, hair and nails, actress Vanessa Hudgens suggests adding nutritious foods —superfoods —to your diet. In a tweet sent out Tuesday to her nearly six million Twitter followers, Hudgens said:
“Add these superfoods to your diet for gorgeous skin, hair & nails …”
— Vanessa Hudgens (@VanessaHudgens) 30 March 2016
Nutritious foods to add to your diet include:
- Salmon: Salmon is one nutritious food that could help provide gorgeous, shiny hair, mainly due to its Omega-3 fatty acid content.
- Yogurt: Greek yogurt in particular is rich in protein and vitamin B5, which could help fight hair loss.
- Sweet potatoes: Chock-full of beta-carotene and vitamin A—sweet potatoes can help prevent dry hair.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in protein and magnesium, which keeps nails strong.
- Kale: Kale is rich in vitamins A and B, which promote skin elasticity.
Healthy tips for skin, hair and nails
The key to beautiful skin, hair and nails is all about taking care of yourself on the inside-out. In addition to eating a variety of nutritious foods that are rich in nutrients; exercising, staying hydrated, limiting alcohol and finding ways to manage stress are also imperative.
For glowing skin…
- Make sure to bathe in warm water—avoid scalding hot water.
- Use mild, pH-Balanced cleansers.
- Be gentle when you wash your skin, don’t scrub too vigorously.
- Wear sunscreen!
For beautiful nails…
- Trim your nails and keep them clean to help prevent infections and ingrown nails.
- Notify your doctor if you notice nail changes (i.e. redness, fungus, or dark stripes down your nails).
For shiny, beautiful hair…
- Try not to play with your hair all day.
- Aim to wash oily hair daily.
- If you have dry hair, avoid using heat products (blow-dryers, straightening irons, etc.) as these could dry out your hair further and cause damage.
- Protect your hair from chlorine while swimming.
- Read labels before applying chemical relaxers, hair dyes or perms. Speak with your doctor if your scalp becomes itchy after using a chemical on your hair.
Sources for Today’s Article:
Vanessa Hudgens, Twitter. 10:13 p.m. – 29 Mar 2016.
“Skin and Hair Health,” womenshealth.gov; https://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/the-healthy-woman/skin_hair.pdf, last accessed March 30, 2016.