Sous Vide Anova is one of the most trending kitchen appliances today. Its features make it the most unique Sous Vide model against others. One of the most important aspects to consider before buying any Sous Vide, is its adaptability to different types of pots.
Sous Vide Anova can easily fit to any pot as it comes with an adjustable clamp that can be used to attach the appliance to any pot or plastic food container. The clamp is movable and can be moved up or down to exactly fit to the container. Many of the other Sous Vide models don’t have adjustable clamps—they have fixed clips.
Other Sous Vide Anova Features
Sous Vide Anova supports Bluetooth or Wi-Fi-based remote communications. It can send a message on your smartphone reminding you about the cooking time so that you can either increase the time with your smartphone, rush home to have your food, or put it in the fridge for later use. It also sends notifications on your smartphone regarding preheating, when it has reached a certain temperature, and when the time is up. Models like Sansaire do not have a timer, and the Gourmia does not have remote control via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi feature.
Sous Vide Anova doesn’t completely depend on the app for operation like Joule. You cannot operate the Joule without an app. In addition, Joule sometimes overcooks food compared to Sous Vide Anova, and is more expensive as well. Sous Vide Anova comes with a digital display that shows the current temperature, target temperature, and cooking time. The temperatures can be set either through an app or manually using the wheel on it.
Sous Vide Anova is more easy to use and clean than the other models. Sous Vide Anova has a removable skirt (the part that goes under water) and is made of stainless steel. This makes it easy for cleaning purposes. The Sansaire and Gourmia do not have removable skirts. This is a good option to consider if you want to purchase a new Sous Vide appliance.
This model can handle large cooking projects with consistent results. It is considered the best Sous Vide for entry-level cooking or for home use. You can purchase this easy-to-use machine for less than $200.00 on Amazon.
Sous Vide Anova on Amazon
1. Anova Culinary PCB-120US-K1 800-Watt Bluetooth Precision Cooker (Black)
Sous Vide Anova features:
- Produces restaurant-quality results that are impossible to achieve through any other cooking method
- Food is cooked evenly edge to edge, with no worry of overcooking
- Cook everything from meats, fish and vegetables to soups, and desserts
- Heats and circulates water, evenly cooking food to a precise temperature with perfect results every time
- Easy to use and no fancy equipment required
- Bluetooth connectivity enables you to start, stop, and monitor your cook from your mobile device
Sous Vide Joule on Amazon
2. ChefSteps CS10001 Joule Sous Vide (White/Stainless)
Sous Vide Joule features:
- Smallest, sleekest Sous Vide is just 11 inches tall and weighs 1.3 pounds
- Fastest water-heating capability on the market, with 1100 watts of power and hyper-exact temperature control, precise to 0.2°F/0.1°C
- Works in any pot and with a variety of water levels and volumes, from 1.5 inches all the way up to 10 gallons
- Use Joule with existing pots, the Android or iOS smartphone you use every day, and any ziplock-style freezer bags (no vacuum sealer needed)
- Controlled by a free mobile app, or you can use your voice with Amazon Alexa
- Guided recipes and exclusive features like Visual Doneness guarantee great results
- Works with 120V outlets only
Sous Vide Sansaire on Amazon
3. Sansaire Sous Vide Immersion Circulator 110V (Black)
Sous Vide Sansaire features:
- Cooks steaks better than those served at expensive steakhouses
- The Sansaire takes up as much space as a champagne bottle and can be used with existing pots or containers
- The same lifestyle benefits of slow cooker cooking, but without dried out, overcooked proteins
- The Sansaire is used in some of the world’s best restaurants. Professional chefs rely on sous vide for precise, predictable results
- Heat milk or formula to precisely 98.6°F for worry-free feeding
Sous Vide Polyscience on Amazon
4. PolyScience CHEF Series Sous Vide Commercial Immersion Circulator
Sous Vide Polyscience features:
- The CHEF Series Commercial Immersion Circulator is used by the world’s best chefs
- Large, back-lit LCD screen displays set and actual temperatures
- Circulates and heats up to 30 liters bath volume (8 gallons)
- 1100-watt heater at 0.07 stability
- Award-winning design delivers outstanding results under the toughest conditions and demands
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, Foods4BetterHealth may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
“Compare Sous Vide Immersion Circulator Cookers: Anova, Sansaire or Gourmia?,” Top Product Comparisons web site; http://www.topproductcomparisons.com/compare-sous-vide-immersion-circulator-cookers-anova-vs-sansaire-vs-gourmia.html
“Sous Vide Battle: Anova vs Polyscience Immersion Circulators,” Sous Vide Reviews web site, November 13, 2015; http://sousvidereviews.com/2015/11/13/sous-vide-battle-anova-vs-polyscience-immersion-circulators/.
Lower, C., “Sous Vide Showdown: The Anova vs. The Joule,” skillet.lifehacker.com web site, July 24, 2016; http://skillet.lifehacker.com/sous-vide-showdown-the-anova-vs-the-joule-1784200176.